NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Constant Contact (CTCT) shares are up 27.4% to $27.89 in trading Wednesday.
The jump follows the company's announcement that it expects quarterly revenue to rise by more that 15%.
The marketing company raised guidance to a range of $78.7 million-$78.8 million for the quarter ending March 31.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth Stocks
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
The company expects net income of $650,000 to $750,000.
"Our strong results this quarter were driven by all three of our growth levers - new customer additions, average revenue per user and customer retention," said CEO Gail Goodman. "We delivered strong top line results in the first quarter, reaccelerating year-over-year revenue growth. Our first quarter financial performance provides us with increased confidence in our ability to accelerate annual revenue growth rates while expanding margins and cash flow."
TheStreet Ratings team rates CONSTANT CONTACT INC as a Buy with a ratings score of B-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate CONSTANT CONTACT INC (CTCT) a BUY. This is driven by a number of strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 16.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 13.0%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- CTCT has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. To add to this, CTCT has a quick ratio of 2.33, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The gross profit margin for CONSTANT CONTACT INC is currently very high, coming in at 80.12%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, CTCT's net profit margin of 6.02% significantly trails the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $12.96 million or 11.05% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, CONSTANT CONTACT INC's average is still marginally south of the industry average growth rate of 11.60%.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, CTCT's share price has jumped by 87.29%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: CTCT Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV