He said the company is currently spending billions of dollars trying to boost production rates. In the second half of 2014, production growth should be much stronger, which will give a boost to the stock.
Cramer added, "I think Chevron is a major buy" at current levels.
Turning to Apple (AAPL), another AAP holding, Deutsche Bank initiated the stock as a buy with a $650 price target. So far, the rating change has yet to give the stock a boost, making Cramer wonder, "Where have the buyers gone?"Apple should not be trading lower on this report, he argued. Regarding the upcoming earnings reports from high-flying stocks, Cramer concluded Facebook (FB), Delta Air Lines (DAL) and Southwest Airlines (LUV) should all do well. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV