NEW YORK, April 9, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- To help food & beverage companies address today's complex food safety and regulatory risks in North America, XL Group's Crisis Management team has entered into an exclusive partnership with The Acheson Group, a US-based food industry consultancy led by Dr. David Acheson, a former official at the FDA and a leader in food safety. The capabilities of the Acheson Group will enhance Response XL – XL Group's full suite of resources and expertise addressing food safety, regulatory and reputational issues.
"As the adage goes, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. That's the point of Response XL -- first and foremost preparing companies to avoid a crisis, such as a product recall, which can result in costly damage to their bottom line, their brand and their reputation," says Ed Mitchell, Chief Underwriting Officer for XL Group's Product Recall business. "In an environment where we anticipate continued growth in the number of recalls, food & beverage businesses can expect heightened scrutiny of food safety issues from regulators, consumers, media and other stakeholders. By teaming up with The Acheson Group, we are expanding our capabilities and our clients can now tap into the unmet expertise of one of the top recognized leaders in food safety affairs in North America."
With more than 30 years of food industry experience, Dr. Acheson serves as President and CEO of The Acheson Group (TAG). Prior to establishing TAG, Dr. Acheson served as the Chief Medical Officer at the USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service, Chief Medical Officer at the FDA Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition and as the Associate Commissioner for Foods at the FDA.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV