Rising to the challenges and complexities of rapid growth and reform in the U.S. health care system, Wells Fargo (NYSE: WFC) said today it has named two financial services veterans to new leadership roles in Government and Institutional Banking (GIB).
Melissa Bastan, Wells Fargo managing director and head of Healthcare for Public Finance (Photo: Business Wire)
Melissa Bastan has been named managing director and head of Healthcare for Public Finance nationwide. She is based in New York. William H. “Bill” Morgan is now co-head of Healthcare Financial Services (HFS) nationwide. He is based in Charlotte.
Wells Fargo GIB serves regional and national health care systems, community hospitals, academic medical centers, children’s hospitals, and managed care organizations.
“Wells Fargo is one of the top banks to the best-managed hospitals in the country,” said Phil Smith, head of Wells Fargo GIB. “The not-for-profit health care industry is consolidating into bigger, more complex health systems, and health care reform is reshaping our future. Wells Fargo will continue to invest in the resources needed to meet growing demand from our non-profit health care customers.”Bastan brings more than 20 years of health care financial experience to Wells Fargo. Most recently, she served as managing director and partner at The Yuba Group in New York. Before that, she was an executive director with Morgan Stanley’s Not-for-Profit Healthcare and Higher Education teams with Public Finance, Fixed Income Division, where she was a senior investment banker for health systems, academic medical centers, and universities. Bastan holds a bachelor’s degree in business administration from Georgetown University and an MBA, with focus on finance and public policy, at The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV