Praxair, Inc. (NYSE:PX) today announced the start-up of a new 270 tons per day air separation plant in Pisco, located in the central region of Peru. Under a long-term contract, Praxair will increase its supply of oxygen to Aceros Arequipa, Peru’s largest long steel maker, to meet the company’s expanding steel production capacity. This is Praxair’s third plant serving Aceros Arequipa’s Pisco facility.
The new supply will enable Aceros Arequipa to expand its production of corrugated iron, steel wire rods and other steel products used in Peru’s construction sector. Aceros Arequipa produces more than one million tons of steel products annually.
“Aceros Arequipa is one of our largest customers in Peru and we are very pleased to build upon our longstanding relationship,” said Domingos Bulus, president of Praxair South America. “Our newest plant has been designed to operate with even greater efficiency and ensure a reliable supply of industrial gases.”
About PraxairPraxair, Inc., a Fortune 250 company with 2013 sales of $12 billion, is the largest industrial gases company in North and South America and one of the largest worldwide. The company produces, sells and distributes atmospheric, process and specialty gases, and high-performance surface coatings. Praxair products, services and technologies are making our planet more productive by bringing efficiency and environmental benefits to a wide variety of industries, including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing, metals and many others. More information about Praxair, Inc. is available at www.praxair.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV