Copper Mountain Mine Achieved Record First Quarter Copper Production
Web Site: www.CuMtn.com TSX: CUM
VANCOUVER, April 9, 2014 /PRNewswire/ - Copper Mountain Mining Corporation (TSX: CUM) (the "Company" or "Copper Mountain") announces production results for the first quarter of 2014 from the Copper Mountain mine located in southern British Columbia.
In the first three months of 2014 the mine shipped 39,000 wmt of concentrate, an increase of 9% over the prior quarter. The shipments contained approximately 19.7 million pounds of copper, 6,500 ounces of gold, and 98,600 ounces of silver generating an estimated $69.6 million in gross revenue.
Copper production for the first quarter of 2014 totaled 19.1 million pounds of copper, a 34% increase as compared to the first quarter of 2013, setting a new production record for the mine. The concentrate also included 5,400 ounces of gold and 105,300 ounces of silver. During the quarter the mill processed a total of 2.6 million tonnes of ore at an average grade of 0.394 % Copper.SAG Mill throughput was improved during the quarter as a result of adding the third portable crusher late last year. Copper production during the quarter was in line with guidance, despite some unscheduled down time in March resulting from a ball mill transformer failure. Mill crews completed repairs in a timely manner. During the quarter the mill averaged 91% availability. Mining activities continued to shift more towards Pit 3 during the quarter and mining in the Pit 2 area shifted more towards the southwest end of the Pit. During the quarter a total of 13.6 million tonnes of material was mined, including 4.1 million tonnes of ore and 9.5 million tonnes of waste. The projected life of mine strip ratio is 2 to 1 but higher in the early years. The mine moved an average of approximately 160,000 tonnes of material per day.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV