Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI) has been honored with the Red Dot Product Design Award 2014 for the TC55 touch computer. International experts evaluated 4,815 entries from 53 countries and selected the top designs that represent quality and innovative strength. The TC55 will be presented at the Red Dot Design Museum in Essen, Germany, in a special exhibition from July 8 – Aug. 3, 2014.
- The TC55 merges the features of a traditional enterprise-class mobile computer with the form factor and functionality of a smartphone running the Jelly Bean version of the Android operating system (OS).
- Designed for the field service, merchandising, and direct store delivery (DSD) markets, the TC55 is a complete business solution, featuring a thin design without compromising the capabilities or durability expected from an enterprise mobile device.
- It offers an advanced capacitive 4.3-inch high-resolution touch screen that is brighter both indoors and outdoors, consumes less energy and dynamically adjusts to the environment, enabling input with a bare or gloved finger or a stylus – even if the screen is wet.
Curt Croley, managing director of innovation & design, Motorola Solutions“With Motorola Solutions’ focus on practical innovation, the Red Dot award-winning TC55 touch computer was designed with the friendliness and usability of a smartphone, but built for enterprise needs. It has an integrated scan engine for fast, accurate data capture and a high capacity battery that can withstand the daily wear-and-tear of industrial environments.” SUPPORTING RESOURCES Website: TC55 touch computer Website: Motorola mobile computers Website: Red Dot award Facebook: Motorola Solutions Twitter: @MotoSolutions About Motorola Solutions Motorola Solutions is a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers. Through leading-edge innovation and communications technology, it is a global leader that enables its customers to be their best in the moments that matter. Motorola Solutions trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker “MSI.” To learn more, visit www.motorolasolutions.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom or subscribe to our news feed. MOTOROLA, MOTO, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2014 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts