WASHINGTON, April 9, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Taco Bell® Foundation for Teens™ and Boys & Girls Clubs of America, the nation's largest teen-serving organization, announce a groundbreaking five-year partnership to support teens on their path to graduate from high school; ready for a successful future. As part of the new commitment, the Taco Bell Foundation expects to provide a $30 million, multi-year grant to Boys & Girls Clubs of America. The partnership seeks to create a stronger generation of future leaders by providing critical resources that will inspire and enable teens to graduate from high school and unlock opportunities for college and jobs they may have only dreamed possible.
"Our founder Glen Bell once said, 'the best ideas are often the most simple.' We started Taco Bell Foundation for Teens in 1992 with a simple goal in mind: to help teens," said Brian Niccol, president of Taco Bell and chairman of the Foundation. "Teens are our customers and our employees; they are our family and friends, and their success is our success. Taco Bell believes in teens, and we know that cultivating their skills, creativity and vibrancy is crucially important in setting all of our communities up for the future. Boys & Girls Clubs of America is the largest teen serving organization with a footprint similar to ours, and it only makes sense for us to partner to ensure many more teens across the nation are empowered to reach their full potential."
According to Education Week's Diplomas Count 2013 report, a projected 1 million students failed to graduate with their class in 2013 and one in four American students will not graduate on time. Research shows that those who earn a high school diploma are more likely than dropouts to find a job and less likely to live in poverty and suffer from poor health.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV