Garmin International Inc., a unit of Garmin Ltd. (NASDAQ: GRMN), the global leader in satellite navigation, today announced the Edge 1000®, a top of the line cycling computer for competing, connecting, and navigating. Whether riding for a personal best or seeing where they stack up against the pros, Edge 1000 will help cyclists reach their goals with advanced segment capabilities including the ability to view start and finish point alerts, race themselves or the segment leader, and plan rides using segments*. Edge 1000 also offers instant uploads to social media, live tracking, on-the-go upload and download of data from Garmin Connect™, and advanced bike-specific navigation and mapping capabilities.
The new Garmin Edge 1000 with advanced segment features. (Photo: Business Wire)
“The Edge 1000 combines the essential legacy features cyclists love from the Edge Touring and Edge 810, with exciting new features including a large high-resolution color touch screen display, advanced smartphone connectivity, and challenging segment features that will take cyclists of any ability’s training to the next level,” said Dan Bartel, Garmin vice president of worldwide sales.
Stay Connected: Keep a pulse on the outside world with Edge 1000’s incoming calls and text message alerts 1, and LiveTrack, which allows friends and family to follow races and training activities in real time. Instantly share a ride on social media and Garmin Connect™, or quickly download software updates with Edge 1000’s Bluetooth® Smart wireless and Wi-Fi® capabilities that allow easy upload and download from friendly hotspots.
Riders can compete and challenge themselves on Garmin Connect with new segment and leaderboard capabilities including alerts for upcoming segment starts and their finish points, and Virtual Partner automatic synching with previous best, or the overall segment leader.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV