- Far EasTone has chosen Ericsson as a major supplier for its LTE radio and core network
- Users will enjoy an improved smartphone user experience, with faster web browsing and downloads and better network performance
- 4G CBS (Cell Broadcast System) to be implemented to help Taiwan Government and consumers for disaster warning services
STOCKHOLM, Sweden, April 9, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Far EasTone, a telecommunications operator in Taiwan, has announced that it has chosen Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC) as its major LTE supplier. Ericsson will provide hardware, software and support services, rolling out a multi-access RAN and core network for both 3G and 4G services, as well as assisting with network optimization.
The agreement will see the LTE network rolled out nationwide, giving Far EasTone customers around the country speeds of up to 150 Mbps/50 Mbps (downlink/uplink) with 20 MHz LTE frequency bandwidth for smartphone and mobile broadband use. To speed up the network rollout, the 700 and 1800 MHz bands will both be supported.
The deal will also see the implementation of Ericsson's 4G CBS (Cell Broadcast System) which will enable the Taiwanese government and consumers to avail of disaster warning services.Yvonne Li, President of Far EasTone, says: "We are looking forward to this 4G implementation and offering our users an improved experience in terms of smartphone and mobile broadband usage in a very competitive market." Jan Signell, Head of Ericsson Region North East Asia says: "We are pleased to extend our successful long-term partnership with Far EasTone by providing them with our LTE radio and core network. Far EasTone will now be able to offer its customers improved speeds and reliability, with the opportunity to expand as future needs grow. We are proud that we have partnered with Far EasTone to make their 3G network one of the best-performing networks in the world, and we are fully committed to providing a superior performing 4G/LTE network to Far EasTone and their customers."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV