STAMFORD, Conn., April 8, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Charter Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ: CHTR) today announced the Charter TV App is available to download for free on the Apple iTunes App Store, Amazon Appstore and Android Apps on Google Play. Charter TV customers can now watch over 130 live TV Channels anywhere inside their home on their mobile devices such as tablets or smartphones.
With the Charter TV App, customers now have even more choice in where and how they watch their favorite programming at no extra charge. Charter TV customers, can now watch over 130 live TV channels, browse thousands of On Demand titles and TV listings, schedule DVR recordings, get recommendations and more. The unique Kid Zone feature enables easy access to pre-approved kid-friendly content, creating a safe viewing experience for children. For sports fans, the Charter TV App Sport Zone feature gives fans instant access to scores and sports content. (Sport Zone is currently available on iOS, Android is forthcoming). Customers can even use their device as a remote to change channels on their TV. With the Charter TV App customers now have full control of their TV experience in the palm of their hands.
"We are excited to bring our customers the Charter TV App delivering greater choice and flexibility in how they watch their favorite content in their homes," said Rich DiGeronimo, Charter's senior vice president, product and strategy. "Our new Charter TV App provides a fully-interactive and user-friendly viewing experience, allowing customers to watch live TV, customize DVR recordings, and browse thousands of On Demand titles efficiently and intuitively."
Key Charter TV App Features:
- 130+ Live TV Channels Available for In-Home Viewing
- Browse thousands of On Demand Listings
- Send To TV (Live and On Demand Listings)
- Watch Showtime channels anywhere you go with a WiFi connection (Showtime subscription required)
- Browse the Guide and search for content
- DVR Scheduling
- View TV Listings
- Kid Zone
- Sport Zone
- Charter TV
- Wi-Fi connection for streaming video
- Charter.net email address and password
- iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch running iOS 5.1 or above
- Kindle Fire (except 1 st generation), including the new Kindle Fire HDX
- Android devices (Tablet and Phone) running Android 4.0 or above