NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- What a difference a day makes. Pixelworks (PXLW) plummeted nearly 6% after rising nearly 9% yesterday after news that it had hired a former Apple (AAPL) executive to its board.
Bullishness on the stock remained at 99% despite the sell-off, according to StockTwits' analytics. It wasn't clear what prompted the sudden weakness. Though some investors joked that folks had gotten too excited that the appointment of a former engineering lead at Apple would ultimately lead to an acquisition by the consumer tech giant.
Cashtaggers on StockTwits.com largely characterized the drop in shares of the image processing company as a too-good-to-be-true sale.
$PXLW There is DEFINITIVE gap fill done. Chart looks great here. $AAPL VP on board. Confirmed $AAPL Rev last ER. ER in 2 weeks. Buy. -- Nosh (@Nosh) Apr. 8 at 11:18 AMThey still saw immense positives in the appointment of David Tupman, a former leader on Apple's hardware and engineering teams for the iPhone and iPod. Tupman, 51, is the CEO of Details Lab, an advisory service company for tech organizations seeking to scale their inventions. Tupman received 10,000 shares of common stock upon his board appointment. The first quarter of the shares will vest in a year. At the time of publication the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned. This article represents the opinion of a contributor and not necessarily that of TheStreet or its editorial staff.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV