Starting April 11, Target customers who trade in a working smartphone at a Target store are guaranteed a $100 credit toward the purchase of the Samsung Galaxy S5. That means the phone itself will cost $99.99 plus taxes and fees after the $100 eligible trade-in credit, so long as customers activate a new two-year contract on Verizon (VZ), AT&T (T) or Sprint (S).
The offer is good through Saturday, April 26. Customers can get an additional 5% off the phone when they purchase it with a Target REDcard.
Reading the fine print on Target's Web site, phones eligible to trade in must be "in the Target trade-in catalog, power on, and be in working condition without any broken components."Want to pre-order the Galaxy S5? Target says you can get a 16GB Galaxy S5 by heading to one of its Mobile Centers before Thursday to place an order. According to Target, some features to the Galaxy S5 include:
- Big, bold and beautiful 5.1" HS screen
- 16 MP rear and front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor for enhanced security
- Integrated mobile S Health partner app to track your health
- Dust and water resistant, enhanced durability and kid-friendly mode