NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Seabridge Gold
(SA) Stock is up 15.6% to $8.23 in trading Tuesday.
The stock jumped following the company's release of a Chartered Financial analyst's report in which analyst Michael Maggi set a "buy" rating for the company.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth Stocks
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
An industry that has been plagued by three consecutive down years has started to make gains again in 2014. The precious metal sector is up 14% while gold miners have gained almost 12%.
Maggi points to global instability as a reason for price inflation, but expects investors appetite for "safe-haven" investments to bode well for the sector.
"In the short term, geopolitical risks such as the recent events in the Ukraine, Syria, etc. would likely propel gold prices higher; while over the longer-term, the effects of easy monetary policies across the world will likely increase inflation pressures and therefore, investor demand for gold," Maggi said.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV