You’ll find it in luxury yachts. Fine furniture. Premium acoustic guitars, too. Now you’ll see it in the new 2015 Lincoln Navigator.
The 2015 Lincoln Navigator features ziricote wood. This is the first time this exotic hardwood has been used in the automotive industry. (Photo: Business Wire)
Lincoln is the first automobile manufacturer to use ziricote wood, an exotic hardwood found in South America, southern Europe and northern Africa.
“Luxury customers understand design and especially desire customized design,” said Barb Whalen, color and material design manager. “The beautiful, natural color and striking pattern of the ziricote wood allows customers who choose the Reserve Package on the new Navigator to experience that.
“You will see a family resemblance from vehicle to vehicle, but because this is a natural product, no two Navigators with the Reserve Package will look exactly the same.”The ziricote wood accents the door panels, instrument panel, center console and steering wheel. Other than a thin protective coat, no stains or dyes are used, allowing the striking color and grain to shine through. “Altering the ziricote wood would blemish its beauty,” said Whalen. “You can’t improve on nature.” The attention to detail begins with how the wood is cut. The linearity of the grain is maintained throughout the pieces to ensure harmony. Click here for a video on ziricote wood. “The ziricote wood is an excellent match for the Lincoln Navigator for two reasons,” said Whalen. “First, the natural pattern of the wood is in harmony with the lines of the interior. Second, the color of the ziricote wood complements the Coffee and Dune interior colors of the Reserve Package, helping the rich browns and reds really pop.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV