NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- TheStreet's Jim Cramer, co-manager of the Action Alerts PLUS portfolio, called Intuitive Surgical's (ISRG) recent earnings results a "severe disappointment" during CNBC's "Cramer's Mad Dash" segment Wednesday.
However, analysts continue to stand behind the name, Cramer said. He suggested investors listen to TheStreet's Herb Greenberg's view on the stock, which have been relatively accurate.
Cramer added that product demand seems to be the main problem for Intuitive Surgical, evident by the 24% year-over-year decline in sales. "Stay away from ISRG," he told investors because perhaps "demand has peaked" for its medical devices.
Turning to Constellation Brands (STZ), Cramer was much more bullish. The company beat on bottom-line estimates and provided strong fiscal year guidance.He said the company's 2013 acquisition of Grupo Modelo -- which includes Crown Imports LLC, the maker of Corona -- has been a real difference-maker for the company. Because of the deal, Cramer said shares of STZ are still cheap, despite the stock appreciating 69% in the past 12 months thanks to earnings results and guidance that continue to grow.
-- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV