Smart Data provides hosted and on-site services using Viewpoint™ software, the all-in-one e-discovery platform developed by Lateral Data (which was acquired by Xerox in 2012). The acquisition strengthens Xerox’s e-discovery technical and process expertise by adding Smart Data’s experienced leadership team and professionals while also expanding Xerox’s managed review and collection capabilities.
“We’re blending key capabilities with market demand with this acquisition,” said Manoj Sharma, executive managing director of Xerox Litigation Services. “Smart Data’s depth of expertise and customer-focused team will be a valuable addition both to Xerox and for our clients choosing to use Viewpoint to manage their e-discovery projects.”
Viewpoint brings simplicity and affordability to e-discovery by enabling corporate legal departments and law firms to manage the entire e-discovery lifecycle using a single product. By using one product instead of many to manage e-discovery tasks - including collection, processing, early case assessment, analytics, assisted review, review and production - the e-discovery process is more efficient and cost-effective, and reduces risk.Unlike other e-discovery software, all functionality is integrated and does not require third-party software or plug-ins. Viewpoint also offers advanced capabilities for filtering and processing data that is up to five times faster than other e-discovery software. This reduces costs related to processing, reviewing and hosting non-relevant data at the beginning of a legal matter. Founded in New York in 2009 by Ed Robles and Imer Perezic, Smart Data is used worldwide by Fortune 500 corporations, mid-market companies and some of the world’s largest law and boutique litigation firms. Smart Data’s management team and 22 employees will continue to deploy, support and deliver Viewpoint managed services to its clients as part of Xerox Litigation Services.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV