Comcast and USC Shoah Foundation, an organization dedicated to overcoming prejudice, intolerance and bigotry through the educational use of its visual history testimonies, today announced that they have entered into a five-year partnership to annually bring the series “Days of Remembrance: PastFORWARD” to Comcast Xfinity customers On Demand and through the Xfinity TV Go app and online to any Internet user nationwide at Xfinity.com/daysofremembrance.
Building on the tremendous success of the first Comcast/USC Shoah Foundation partnership in 2011, Comcast will carry the award-winning films and other features about the Holocaust exclusively and at no cost for seven weeks starting today through May 25 and in conjunction with the U.S. National Days of Remembrance (April 27 – May 4, 2014), a commemoration of the Holocaust held every spring.
Each year, the series will be themed with a feature film anchoring the program offerings. The 2014 series theme is “The Schindler’s List Legacy Series,” showcasing the Academy Award winning film Schindler’s List as the feature film, marking its 20 th anniversary and including a special introduction by director Steven Spielberg. In addition to Schindler’s List, documentary films and firsthand accounts from Holocaust survivors and witnesses will be available as part of the series, including:
- Voices from the List : A documentary featuring interviews with 11 survivors saved by Oskar Schindler, adding a new dimension to the story.
- Spotlight on Testimony: Full length testimonies of additional people saved by Oskar Schindler that are a part of USC Shoah Foundation’s Visual History Archive.
- Witnesses for the Future : True stories of extraordinary people risking themselves to save others facing genocide, including: To Save a Life, Like Angels Sent from Heaven and Where is My Home?
- The Story of the USC Shoah Foundation : A look at how the USC Shoah Foundation began and its work today.
“We are honored to partner once again with the Shoah Foundation to bring important films and stories about the Holocaust to millions of people across the nation,” said Charisse R. Lillie, Vice President of Community Investment of Comcast Corporation and President of the Comcast Foundation. “By leveraging our technology and platforms, we are able to help the Institute continue their mission of raising awareness and educating people about overcoming prejudice, intolerance and bigotry.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV