Unusual Social Activity Around Eli Lilly And Company (LLY) Today
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified Eli Lilly and Company (LLY) as an unusual social activity candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Eli Lilly and Company as such a stock due to the following factors:
- LLY has 15x the normal benchmarked social activity for this time of the day compared to its average of 3.32 mentions/day.
- LLY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $310.1 million.
Identifying stocks with 'Unusual Social Activity' tends to be a valuable process for traders looking to capitalize on the 'talk of the town' stocks that are basking in far more attention from the StockTwits financial community than normal. Good press? Bad press? It ultimately doesn't matter if it's good or bad if you know how to trade around the sentiment. Certain hedge funds use such data for their proprietary algorithms and it is not uncommon to see shared social sentiment play itself out in a stock's price trend.EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in LLY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for LLY NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on LLY: Eli Lilly and Company discovers, develops, manufactures, and sells pharmaceutical products worldwide. It operates in two segments, Human Pharmaceutical Products and Animal Health Products. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.3%. LLY has a PE ratio of 13.8. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Eli Lilly and Company a buy, 4 analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold.The average volume for Eli Lilly and Company has been 5.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Eli Lilly and has a market cap of $66.1 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.27 and a short float of 2.5% with 4.60 days to cover. Shares are up 14.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Eli Lilly and Company as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- LLY's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.30 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.06, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $1,726.80 million or 7.79% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, LILLY (ELI) & CO's average is still marginally south of the industry average growth rate of 11.22%.
- The gross profit margin for LILLY (ELI) & CO is currently very high, coming in at 82.18%. Regardless of LLY's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 12.52% trails the industry average.
- LLY, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 0.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 2.5%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Eli Lilly and Company Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV