NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- JinkoSolar Holding Co (JKS - Get Report) is up 4.9% to $28.59 in early market trading on Tuesday.
The increase comes on the news that the solar product manufacturer had signed a solar distribution agreement with PROINSO India. Under the terms of the deal, PROINSO will begin distributing JinkoSolar PV modules through its expansive sales network in India.
Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth Stocks
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
That news follows last weeks announcement that the company had signed a $39 million loan agreement with China Development Bank to finance two PV solar projects in Xinjiang and Gansu Provinces.
JinkoSolar had coverage initiated on its shares with an "overweight" rating by Barclays (BCS) Tuesday. The firm set a price target of $51 for the company.
"If the Chinese government further increases its cumulative solar energy installation target of 50GW by 2015, we expect solar cell/module prices could rise given the supply/demand dynamics might be tighter in such a scenario. In this case, we would expect Jinko's gross margin and ROE to be higher and the share price could be re-rated," Barclays analysts said.
TheStreet Ratings team rates JINKOSOLAR HOLDING CO as a Hold with a ratings score of C. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate JINKOSOLAR HOLDING CO (JKS) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed - some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance and impressive record of earnings per share growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally higher debt management risk and poor profit margins."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- JKS's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 5.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 102.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 116.05% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 663.11% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- The gross profit margin for JINKOSOLAR HOLDING CO is rather low; currently it is at 24.57%. Despite the low profit margin, it has increased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, JKS's net profit margin of 7.34% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 2.68 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Along with this, the company manages to maintain a quick ratio of 0.49, which clearly demonstrates the inability to cover short-term cash needs.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: JKS Ratings Report