NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Gigamon (GIMO) is plummeting before market open Tuesday. After the bell a day earlier, the network traffic software developer warned of lower-than-expected results in its first quarter.
Before the bell, shares had skidded 23.7% to $20.
The communications company said it expects revenue between $31 million and $31.5 million for the three months to March, below previous guidance of $34 million to $35 million.
Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters had forecast $34.81 million in revenue.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. In a statement, the Milpitas, Calif.-based business said the revenue shortfall was due to the cancellation of a large transaction from an existing EMEA customer. Additionally, several other transactions have slipped into the second quarter. As a result of the cancellation of the EMEA contract, Gigamon expects to record a $2.3 million excess inventory charge. "While we are disappointed in these preliminary results, we remain confident in ourbusiness strategy and the market opportunity," said CEO Paul Hooper in a statement. "We did not see any material change within the competitive landscape during the first quarter and we are encouraged by our initial assessment of our second quarter pipeline." Gigamon is due to report its first quarter after market close on Thursday, April 24. Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
WATCH: Shares of Gigamon Plummet on Weak First-Quarter Revenue Forecast
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV