NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- MannKind Corp.
(MNKD) had coverage initiated on its shares with a "market perform" rating by Brinson Patrick. The firm set a price target of $12 on the shares.
MannKind stock is up 1.0% to $6.45 in premarket trading Tuesday.
Brinson Patrick believes that the biotech company's Afrezza drug will eventually be approved by the FDA and sees the focus of investors shifting from regulation concerns to business concerns.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth Stocks
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
"We have a high level of conviction for approval. We view the votes and recommendations as a best-case-scenario for Afrezza, and envision a major partnership announcement soon," analysts said.
"We see little risk to approval, despite the PDUFA extension. With much of the approval risk behind Afrezza, we see investor focus shifting to labeling, commercial partnership, and successful launch," the note continued. "We expect the initial demand for Afrezza to be high considering statements made by the panel and open public hearing about its efficacy, safety, pharmacokinetics, and attractive size."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV