NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of IMAX Corp. (IMAX) are up 4.41% to $28.89 in premarket trade after the Canada-based entertainment technology company said it planned to sell 20% of its Chinese subsidiary to local investors for $80 million.
The move may eventually lead to a listing of the unit in Hong Kong.
The company will sell a fifth of IMAX China Holding Inc. to investment fund China Media Capital and private equity firm FountainVest Partners.
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 4.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 35.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- IMAX has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign.
- IMAX CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, IMAX CORP increased its bottom line by earning $0.63 versus $0.61 in the prior year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Media industry. The net income increased by 116.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $12.88 million to $27.83 million.
- The gross profit margin for IMAX CORP is rather high; currently it is at 63.64%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 26.49% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: IMAX Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts