PIPESTONE, Minn., April 8, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Juhl Energy, Inc. (OTCQB: JUHL, the "Company"), a leading provider of clean energy solutions and a leader in community wind power development, is pleased to announce the recent broadcast of The Weather Channel ®'s visit to the Honda Transmission Manufacturing of America plant in Russells Point, Ohio, and tour of the facility, including its on-site wind project.
The wind project is owned and operated by ConEdison Solutions of Valhalla, New York, one of America's largest energy services companies, and was developed by Juhl Energy.
David Malkoff, correspondent for The Weather Channel® visited the Honda plant earlier this year. The Honda plant is the first major automotive manufacturing facility in the United States to obtain a substantial amount of its electricity directly from wind turbines located on its property.
The two operating wind turbines, with blades that are approximately 160 feet long installed on 260-foot towers, are expected to supply approximately 10 percent of the plant's electricity. Based on their location and actual wind speeds, the combined output from the two wind turbines is estimated at 10,000-megawatt hours (MWH) per year.Tyler Juhl, VP of Juhl Energy Services, Inc. provided Malkoff and his production team with access to the towers and the amazing views from the top of the turbines. "It was great having The Weather Channel at the Honda facility and giving them an opportunity to show that renewable energy definitely has applications for the traditional manufacturing industry," stated Juhl. "Wind power is our country's fastest-growing energy source, and The Weather Channel's coverage is an ideal way to help Americans appreciate wind power's many applications," said Jorge Lopez, CEO of ConEdison Solutions. "We are delighted that The Weather Channel chose to showcase this facility." To view the Weather Channel production, visit:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV