NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Eli Lilly & Co. (LLY - Get Report) may fall today after a jury ordered the company to pay $3 billion and Takeda (TKPYY) to pay $6 billion in punitive damages over allegations that they hid the cancer risks associated with the diabetes therapy Actos.
Lilly could be spared as Takeda agreed to indemnify Lilly for any legal liability connected to Actos. The award may also be reduced on appeal.
Lilly shares are down -1.57% to 57.50 in premarket trade.
- LLY's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.30 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.06, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $1,726.80 million or 7.79% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, LILLY (ELI) & CO's average is still marginally south of the industry average growth rate of 11.22%.
- The gross profit margin for LILLY (ELI) & CO is currently very high, coming in at 82.18%. Regardless of LLY's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 12.52% trails the industry average.
- LLY, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 0.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 2.5%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: LLY Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts