Morgan Stanley (NYSE:MS) announced today that the following 12 nonprofit organizations will participate in the sixth annual Strategy Challenge, the Firm’s signature skills-based volunteer program providing nonprofits with pro bono strategic consulting.
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- Catholic Guardian Services
- Children of Promise, NYC
- Day One NYC
- Good Shepherd Services
- Greenwich House
- Hamilton Family Center
- International Rescue Committee
- Metropolitan College of New York
- New Alternatives for Children
- Phipps Neighborhoods
- Project Renewal
The Strategy Challenge pairs each of these nonprofit organizations with a team of four Morgan Stanley employees for eight weeks. The employee volunteers utilize their professional expertise and skills to address a mission-critical issue facing each organization. Over the course of the project, employees partner with nonprofits to develop a solution that helps the nonprofits fulfill their missions in more effective and efficient ways.
The 12 nonprofits work on causes ranging from suicide prevention to youth education to support for children of incarcerated parents. Participating organizations are based in New York and San Francisco.
“We place the utmost value on the essential support that nonprofits provide in local communities. These organizations diligently serve their constituents but often have limited expertise or resources to truly maximize their impact,” said Joan Steinberg, Head of Morgan Stanley Community Affairs and President of the Morgan Stanley Foundation. “Our employees are equipped with the business and management skills that can help nonprofits overcome strategic challenges, and we as a firm appreciate the opportunity to impact the communities where we live and work through this program.”Since establishing the Strategy Challenge in 2009, Morgan Stanley has delivered 32,500 hours of pro bono services to 61 nonprofits, worth approximately $4.9 million, according to standards developed by the Taproot Foundation. The Strategy Challenge is a joint effort between Morgan Stanley’s offices of Community Affairs and Global Sustainable Finance.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV