Roundy’s, Inc. (“Roundy’s”) (NYSE: RNDY), a leading grocer in the Midwest, today opened Mariano’s Ravenswood, located at 1800 W. Lawrence Avenue. Shoppers can expect their favorite Mariano’s features – such as Todds BBQ and an oyster bar – along with the debut of Mariano’s new Nob’s Wine Bar that will feature live music.
“At our largest store yet, shoppers will have a chance to experience the full range of features that make Mariano’s shopping experience unlike anywhere else,” said Bob Mariano, chairman and CEO of Roundy’s. “Whether you’re looking for a glass of wine and live music, fresh oysters, in-house BBQ or favorite grocery items – our team is ready to serve every customer we meet.”
Building a customer-focused team has helped differentiate Mariano’s grocery experience since its first store in 2010. With the new Ravenswood location, Mariano’s adds more than 600 new team members to the 7,100 positions created in the last three years. These new jobs have had a significant economic impact across Chicagoland.
“Mariano’s newest and largest location in Chicago is an excellent addition to the Ravenswood neighborhood,” said Mayor Rahm Emanuel. “With nearly 20 locations, Mariano’s has created thousands of jobs while ensuring residents have access to fresh, healthy, affordable foods in communities across the City and the Chicagoland area.”“Mayor Emanuel’s leadership here in Chicago has helped to propel Mariano’s ability to grow and continue providing the city’s neighborhoods with fresh, affordable foods,” said Mariano. Among Mariano’s Ravenswood unique foodie experiences and products are:
- NEW! Nob’s Wine Bar – Mariano’s most spectacular wine bar yet, for customers to enjoy a glass of wine, a nosh, and relax to live music from the piano stage behind the bar
- Squeez’d – our smoothie bar that features a variety of made-to-order nutritional fruit and vegetable smoothies
- Spice Shop – a foodie’s dream with bulk spices, nuts, grains and granolas to choose from
- The first Mariano’s Chicago metro store to offer Todds BBQ – providing traditionally smoked meats and old-school side dishes
- Oyster Bar – features the freshest oysters and specialty seafood dishes