Staples Will Be Giving Away Keurig(R) OfficePRO(R) Single-Cup Commercial Coffee Brewer During It's Administrative Professional's Day Twitter Party On Wednesday, April 23, From 1 - 2 P.m. ET. Follow #CelebrateAdmins To Join The Conversation. (Photo: Business Wire)
The majority of administrative professionals are happier than their bosses (61 percent vs. 18 percent), according to the third annual Staples survey of non-admin and admin workers in honor of National Administrative Professionals’ Day on Wednesday, April 23. And for the second year in a row, a majority of respondents say the admin boosts employee morale and is a better team player than the boss. The online poll also found:
A complete makeover for their desktop with Poppin’ office supplies makes for a good gift on Administrative Professional's Day. (Photo: Business Wire)
- Multi-talented: Admins report their roles run the gamut – everything from accounting to human resources – and over one-third of respondents report they have used social media on behalf of the boss.
- Above and beyond: Of the admins surveyed, 40 percent report they have provided childcare for co-workers, 20 percent have watched pets, 20 percent are known as the resident “fashion consultant,” and more than ten percent admit they have been the office “matchmaker.”
- Would you like Andrea Sachs’ assistant job from the movie Devil Wears Prada? No thanks say two-thirds of the respondents – even if it meant working for a prestigious company or high-profile person.
When it comes to who holds the most power in the office, the boss wins. But second in command is the admin, ahead of the chief financial officer and human resources director. And once again, the majority of survey participants report the admin is working harder than ever and supporting more people than the previous year.
“Staples is proud to recognize the great work being done by administrative professionals and the critical role they play in companies across the country,” said Mike Edwards, Staples executive vice president, merchandising. “National Administrative Professionals’ Day is an opportunity to thank these hard-working individuals for helping their businesses make more happen every day.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV