- Leverages Ericsson's global scale and services leadership to offer broadcasters managed or hosted playout services that can be delivered worldwide
- Gives broadcasters access to a global connectivity network and innovative software-defined workflows
- Enables faster time to market, OTT and VOD distribution possibilities, and benefits such as increased flexibility, improved service delivery and reduced costs
STOCKHOLM, Sweden, April 7, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) is launching its Next Generation Playout solution at NAB Show 2014, the world's largest electronic media show. With Next Generation Playout, Ericsson is leveraging its global scale and services leadership to offer broadcasters managed or hosted playout services that can be delivered from a number of locations worldwide.
Next Generation Playout gives Ericsson broadcast services customers access to major data centers across the world, with signal distribution through hundreds of co-located carriers, distributors and connectivity providers. This connectivity network, coupled with a software-defined workflow, helps broadcasters to overcome the geographic dependencies that have previously limited playout.
In addition, Next Generation Playout enables faster time to market and a whole new set of over-the-top (OTT) and video on demand (VOD) distribution possibilities, as well as benefits such as increased flexibility, improved service delivery and reduced upfront and operating costs. Broadcasters that opt for managed Next Generation Playout will be able to reduce their operational expenditure by consolidating their operations and focusing on creating more effective workflows and processes.Thorsten Sauer, Head of Broadcast Services at Ericsson, says: "Next Generation Playout gives broadcasters full access to the economies of scale and technical skills that a global company like Ericsson has to offer. With our global presence and connectivity expertise, we are well equipped to deliver high-quality Next Generation Playout services." Next Generation Playout can be monitored remotely and is available as either a managed or a hosted service. In the case of managed Next Generation Playout, operations are controlled by Ericsson, utilizing the infrastructure of our existing Global Service Centers. In the case of hosted Next Generation Playout, operations are controlled by broadcasters from their own premises using Ericsson-supplied broadcast desks and web interfaces. In the latter case, Ericsson will train the broadcaster to operate Next Generation Playout in line with customer requirements.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV