Trade-Ideas: Credicorp (BAP) Is Today's Post-Market Leader Stock
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified Credicorp (BAP) as a post-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Credicorp as such a stock due to the following factors:
- BAP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $482.0 million.
- BAP is up 779.4% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BAP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BAP NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on BAP: Credicorp Ltd., through its subsidiaries, provides financial services primarily in Peru, the Cayman Islands, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, and Panama. It operates in four segments: Banking, Insurance, Pension Funds, and Investment Banking. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.5%. BAP has a PE ratio of 12.9. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Credicorp a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold.The average volume for Credicorp has been 408,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Credicorp has a market cap of $11.0 billion and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. Shares are up 6.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Credicorp as a hold. Among the primary strengths of the company is its expanding profit margins over time. At the same time, however, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, deteriorating net income and premium valuation.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The gross profit margin for CREDICORP LTD is rather high; currently it is at 68.60%. Regardless of BAP's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, BAP's net profit margin of 15.51% compares favorably to the industry average.
- BAP, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 12.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 15.9%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- CREDICORP LTD's earnings per share declined by 24.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CREDICORP LTD reported lower earnings of $7.11 versus $9.90 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($10.92 versus $7.11).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed against the S&P 500 and did not exceed that of the Commercial Banks industry. The net income has decreased by 24.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $200.19 million to $151.64 million.
- Reflecting the weaknesses we have cited, including the decline in the company's earnings per share, BAP has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 14.58% from its price level of one year ago. Looking ahead, we do not see anything in this company's numbers that would change the one-year trend. It was down over the last twelve months; and it could be down again in the next twelve. Naturally, a bull or bear market could sway the movement of this stock.
- You can view the full Credicorp Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV