LAUSANNE, Switzerland and LEXINGTON, Mass., April 7, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Curis, Inc. (Nasdaq:CRIS), an oncology focused company developing novel, targeted drug candidates for the treatment of human cancers, and Debiopharm Group™ (Debiopharm), a Swiss-based global biopharmaceutical group of companies with a focus on the development of prescription drugs that target unmet medical needs, including oncology as well as companion diagnostics, today announced the presentation of data for Debio 0932 at the Annual Meeting of the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) that demonstrated synergy between Debio 0932 and various standard of care (SOC) agents in multiple in vitro and xenograft models of non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) and renal cell carcinoma (RCC). Debio 0932 is currently being investigated in a Phase 1/2 trial in combination with SOC agents in patients with advanced NSCLC and in a Phase 1 trial in combination with everolimus, a mTOR inhibitor, in advanced RCC patients.
In a high throughput combination screen performed with six different human NSCLC cell lines, Debio 0932 demonstrated consistent synergy with microtubule and mTOR/ Akt targeting agents across all six cell lines. Additionally, Debio 0932 also showed strong synergy with everolimus in multiple patient derived and conventional RCC cell lines. Similar synergy and anti-tumor activity with Debio 0932 in combination with these agents was also demonstrated in human xenograft models of NSCLC and RCC.
"We are very encouraged by these preclinical data, which are the basis for the ongoing trials in NSCLC and RCC with Debio 0932 in combination with respective SOC agents," said Rolland-Yves Mauvernay, President and founder of Debiopharm Group™.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV