3 Stocks Pushing The Telecommunications Industry Lower
1. As of noon trading, Mobile Telesystems OJSC ( MBT) is down $0.36 (-2.1%) to $16.79 on light volume. Thus far, 1.3 million shares of Mobile Telesystems OJSC exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.6 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $16.65-$16.90 after having opened the day at $16.74 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $17.15. Mobile TeleSystems OJSC provides mobile and fixed voice, broadband, and pay TV, as well as content and entertainment services in Russia, eastern Europe, and central Asia. Mobile Telesystems OJSC has a market cap of $17.2 billion and is part of the technology sector. Shares are down 20.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Mobile Telesystems OJSC a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Mobile Telesystems OJSC as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity, good cash flow from operations and growth in earnings per share. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally higher debt management risk and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself. Get the full Mobile Telesystems OJSC Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 3 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the telecommunications industry could consider iShares Dow Jones US Telecom ( IYZ) while those bearish on the telecommunications industry could consider ProShares Ult Sht Telecommunication ( TLL).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts