3 Telecommunications Stocks Pushing Industry Growth
2. As of noon trading, Telefonica ( TEF) is up $0.26 (1.6%) to $16.06 on heavy volume. Thus far, 1.1 million shares of Telefonica exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.3 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $16.00-$16.10 after having opened the day at $16.02 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $15.80. Telefonica, S.A. provides fixed and mobile communication services primarily in Europe and Latin America. The company offers mobile voice, mobile data and Internet, wholesale, corporate, roaming, fixed wireless, and trunking and paging services. Telefonica has a market cap of $72.4 billion and is part of the technology sector. Shares are down 3.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there is 1 analyst who rates Telefonica a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Telefonica as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in stock price during the past year, notable return on equity, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Get the full Telefonica Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts