NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- In about one week your Facebook (FB) and Twitter (TWTR)feeds will be attacked by photobombers. Where will these photobombers be camped out? The New York International Auto Show. Armed with a camera and an arsenal of 75-character quips, all sorts of new cars from General Motors (GM), Ford (F), Toyota (TM), and others will have their stories told. The little boy in me is jazzed to see the 2015 Corvette Z06 and anything named Camaro, and will be ready to hit the retweet button for sure.
However, in a cruel twist of fate, possibly the coolest car that won't be at the auto show is actually a giant truck. Its name: the new 6-wheeled Mercedes Benz G63 AMG 6x6.
Priced at a mere $479,475, this road legal Benzo monster truck spits out 540 horsepower and goes 0-60 in 7.8 seconds. Pretty darn impressive for a hunk of metal clocking in at 8,300 pounds. Obviously don't expect this truck to be a major seller for Benz as the company only plans to deliver 20 to 30 a year, with the most significant delivery being to the set of the next Jurassic Park movie called "Jurassic World", which will open on June 12, 2015.
Speaking of Mercedes, did you know its sales growth has been north of 10% for nine straight months? Wow, true story.-- By Brian Sozzi CEO of Belus Capital Advisors, analyst to TheStreet. This article represents the opinion of a contributor and not necessarily that of TheStreet or its editorial staff.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV