Cisco partnered with Sony (SNE) to make the first public demonstration of a 4K live stream at the trade show. The live demonstration will stream live 4K video from New York City to Las Vegas, where it will show at both the Cisco and Sony booths on the show floor of the Las Vegas Convention Center.
The live stream will use an enhanced version of Videoscape AnyRes Cisco will debut at the show which adds better support for 4K and HEVC.
"This is an exciting time in our industry as advanced 4K content experiences reach a tipping point for distribution across multiple devices," Joe Cozzolino, Senior Vice President, General Manager, Service Provider Video Infrastructure for Cisco, said in a press release. "We are ushering in the next era in content experiences with partners like Sony, and demonstrating that today's cable networks are fully capable and ready to deliver full-frame rate 4K content."Cisco will also debut its new Videoscape Virtualized Video Processing (V2P) product at NAB 2014. Videoscape V2P aims to solve many industry issues by configuring complex workflows from a single screen and allocating software and hardware resources from a common pool. Must read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates CISCO SYSTEMS INC as a Buy with a ratings score of B+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate CISCO SYSTEMS INC (CSCO) a BUY. This is driven by multiple strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its reasonable valuation levels, increase in stock price during the past year, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- CISCO SYSTEMS INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CISCO SYSTEMS INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.86 versus $1.49 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.99 versus $1.86).
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.31, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Despite the fact that CSCO's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 2.42 is high and demonstrates strong liquidity.
- The gross profit margin for CISCO SYSTEMS INC is rather high; currently it is at 64.07%. Regardless of CSCO's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 12.78% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: CSCO Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts