Perry Ellis International Inc. Stock Downgraded (PERY)
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Textiles, Apparel & Luxury Goods industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 743.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $4.39 million to -$28.25 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Textiles, Apparel & Luxury Goods industry and the overall market, ELLIS PERRY INTL INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for ELLIS PERRY INTL INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 32.83%. Regardless of PERY's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, PERY's net profit margin of -13.07% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- The share price of ELLIS PERRY INTL INC has not done very well: it is down 16.59% and has underperformed the S&P 500, in part reflecting the company's sharply declining earnings per share when compared to the year-earlier quarter. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- ELLIS PERRY INTL INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ELLIS PERRY INTL INC swung to a loss, reporting -$1.56 versus $0.96 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.83 versus -$1.56).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.