Imation (NYSE:IMN), a global data storage and information security company, today announced the expansion of the Nexsan™ E-Series™ storage array family to continue to deliver leading high-capacity, high-performance data storage solutions. Additional configurations have brought new value to media and entertainment end users, who face a wide realm of evolving storage needs from meeting narrow post-production edit needs to creating large, shared storage solutions for multiple users or worldwide audiences. For example, bundling the new Nexsan E32V storage array and the industry-leading E60VT array system produces a performance-optimized, high-density storage solution ideal for digital asset management, digital archives and shared file system solutions.
In addition, clients continue to trust Nexsan storage products with critical data, and a recent TechValidate™ study showed that 95 percent of surveyed IT organizations are likely to recommend E-Series arrays to colleagues.
"E-Series storage solutions have proven to be exceptionally reliable, efficient to scale and simple to install and manage, and we especially love their storage density. These attributes have made them an easy sell to our customers," said Nick Gold, director of business development at Chesapeake Systems, a Baltimore-based firm focused on IT solutions for creative professionals' demanding workflows. "Our customers in media and entertainment in particular need storage with blazing performance and the ability to handle multiple video streams and shorten backup windows. It's these areas where the E-Series really shines, and we are excited to continue our work with Imation to bring this best-in-class value through Nexsan storage solutions to the market."
The family of E-Series products offer a variety of benefits to the media and entertainment industry, including:
- Efficient Density – Mix and match capacity optimized HDDs, performance-optimized HDDs and SSDs in one system to accommodate applications based on performance or capacity needs to deliver up to 72TB in 2U, 240TB per 4U and 2.88PB per rack.
- Resilient Storage – Leverage an innovative mechanical design, including Cool Drive Technology and anti-vibration design that significantly reduces heat and vibration and improves system reliability and performance.
- Energy Smart – Engage Nexsan AutoMAID disk management capabilities to reduce power consumption by up to 87 percent, cutting operating expenses and extending the overall life of the system without sacrificing performance when you need it.
- Enterprise Value – Deliver high-availability architecture, with multi-pathing support and dual redundant, hot-swappable active components. SNMP alerts or email notifications are sent to the administrator in the event of a component failure, and upon a drive failure a spare drive is automatically rebuilt into the RAID set.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts