Tyson Foods is recalling more than 75,000 pounds of frozen chicken nuggets after customers reported finding pieces of plastic in the food.
The recall pertains to five-pound bags of Tyson Fully Cooked White Meat Chicken Nuggets and 20-pound bulk packs of Spare Time Chicken Breast Pattie Fritters with Rib Meat that were sold at Sam's Club stores.The U.S. Department of Agriculture reported that consumer complaints included one of a minor mouth injury in someone who ate the nuggets. The department said the problem resulted from a product scraper inside a blending machine.
WATCH: More videos from Brittany Umar Tyson is telling customers with affected products to discard the food and mail the UPC and date code from the back of the bag to the company to receive a full refund. In New York, I'm Brittany Umar for TheStreet. -- Written by Brittany Umar in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV