Rite Aid Corporation (NYSE: RAD) announced today that David Abelman, a retail veteran with more than 25 years’ experience, is joining Rite Aid as senior vice president of brand development and innovation. His appointment is effective immediately.
In this newly created position, Abelman will be responsible for overseeing the continued development of Rite Aid brand products as well as identifying and implementing new innovations to enhance and grow Rite Aid’s business. He will report to Ken Martindale, Rite Aid’s president and chief operating officer.
“David is a seasoned retail professional who brings broad-based marketing, merchandising and entrepreneurial experience to Rite Aid,” said Martindale. “His proven ability and experience will be a valuable asset to the company as an integral member of the management team focused on delivering the best products, service and care to meet our customers’ unique health and wellness needs.”
Most recently, Abelman was the CEO and co-founder of Self-Health Nation, a health and wellness omni-channel startup focused on providing nutritional advice and solutions. Prior to that position, he was executive vice president and chief merchandising and marketing officer for A.C. Moore Arts & Crafts, Inc. He has also held senior-level marketing and merchandising positions with Michaels Stores, Inc., Office Depot, Inc. and Daymon Worldwide.Rite Aid Corporation is one of the nation's leading drugstore chains with nearly 4,600 stores in 31 states and the District of Columbia and fiscal 2013 annual revenues of $25.4 billion. Information about Rite Aid, including corporate background and press releases, is available through the company's website at www.riteaid.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV