NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Intel Corporation (INTC - Get Report) has been upgraded to "outperform" from "sector perform" at Pacific Crest due to its improving corporate PC demand this year and expectations Intel's upcoming Grantley server platform will spur spending at traditional IT customers in 2015.
A call option on foundry share gains over the long term, which could also lead to multiple expansion, was another reason the firm upgraded the technology company's rating. Currently, Pacific Crest has a $31.00 price objective on the stock.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth Stocks
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, this stock has enjoyed a nice rise of 25.46% which was in line with the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, INTC should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 5.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.6%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Although INTC's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.23 is very low, it is currently higher than that of the industry average. To add to this, INTC has a quick ratio of 1.75, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The gross profit margin for INTEL CORP is currently very high, coming in at 75.56%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 18.97% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: INTC Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts