AOL Inc. (NYSE:AOL) announced today that William Pence will join the Company as its Global Chief Technology Officer and as a member of its Global Operating Committee. Pence is an accomplished leader in the digital technology industry with more than 25 years of experience. He will lead all aspects of AOL's global technology strategy and play a key leadership role in the overall strategy and direction of the company. He will report to AOL Chairman and CEO Tim Armstrong and will be based in AOL's headquarters in New York City.
William Pence will join AOL as its Global Chief Technology Officer and as a member of its Global Operating Committee (Photo: Business Wire)
Pence joins AOL from WebMD, where he served as Executive Vice President and Chief Technology Officer since 2007 and Chief Operating Officer since 2012. During his tenure at WebMD, Pence led many cross-company initiatives to drive innovative new products, improve operational efficiencies and create world-class user experiences for consumers and advertiser partners. Pence also drove technology and corporate operations improvement through automation, cloud technology and data management systems. He was instrumental in the mobile product efforts across WebMD’s properties as well as the company’s global expansion.
"AOL is building a global media and technology company, and we are excited to welcome the leadership and experience of Bill Pence to the company,” said Armstrong. "Bill is a proven driver of technology teams and products and he has been at the heart of revolutionizing the way humans interact in the digitally connected world."
“AOL was a pioneer of the Internet and has emerged once again as a trailblazer in shaping its future,” said Pence. “Technology is at the forefront of the AOL’s strategy, and I have watched with interest and admiration the company’s significant progress. I am thrilled to join the team at such an exciting time.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV