- Equipment upgrades to 13 Central New York switching offices and 97 remote locations. As a result, at year-end 2013, Frontier was able to offer faster broadband speeds to essentially 493,000 New York households.
- Expansion of Frontier’s Ethernet network within the company’s rural territories, providing customers access for circuits up to 1 Gbps. Customers located in Fulton, Montgomery, Hamilton, Jefferson, Lewis, Oneida, Chenango, Madison, Delaware and Clinton counties will benefit from the build-out, which is anticipated to be completed by mid-2014.
- For Upstate New York, the awarding of a New York State Broadband Grant to Frontier and Hamilton County to upgrade the data transport backbone between Gloversville and Eagle Bay, with Phase 1 of transport and equipment upgrades completed in 2013. As a result, Frontier is able to offer speeds up to 40 Mbps to residents and businesses working out of the enhanced sites. Phase 2 will expand coverage to 17 additional remote switches within the county, with anticipated completion in mid-2015.
- The completion of a major upgrade to Frontier’s Layer 2 Metro-Ethernet network in the Rochester market. This upgrade ensures capacity to existing and future customers requesting 5 to 100 Mbps services.
Frontier Communications’ Three-Year Investment In New York Tops $326 Million
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.