Accenture (NYSE:ACN) released a new version of the Accenture Life Insurance Platform (ALIP), an advanced life insurance and annuity software suite. This includes new capabilities that can help insurance providers reduce implementation costs, increase product speed to market, improve usability and achieve better performance and scalability.
To make for a more robust platform, ALIP has added a variety of life and annuity product enhancements that support more complex insurance business rules and calculations and allow custom processing through configuration. Insurance providers can continually review and improve their customer service processes, further automate tasks and mitigate manual processing. The gains in efficiency support ALIP’s ability to reduce IT operations costs by up to thirty percent 1. Other enhancements to the newest version of the Accenture Life Insurance Platform include:
- Improved Usability: The latest version of ALIP completes a phased re-design and modernization of the interface that incorporates user feedback for improved usability. The newest release streamlines the business configuration process with a more intuitive flow. Users can manage common tasks such as configuring pages and defining and managing business rules through a reduced number of clicks and actions, helping improve efficiency and reduce training efforts.
- Product templates: New and improved out-of-the-box templates are based on industry best practices so that companies can introduce new products more quickly. The template specifications include the definition of the underlying features, transactions, calculations, tables and business processes. This will help companies build a foundation for implementation of traditional and non-traditional life products, contributing to ALIP’s ability to help reduce the cost and time to launch new products by more than 50 percent 2.
- Performance and testing benchmarks: ALIP recently successfully completed a performance test with over 10 million insurance and annuity policies and applications, meeting performance expectations of even the largest global insurance carriers. Results included ALIP’s ability to process 2,300 applications, 2,400 financial transactions and 3,800 client transactions in one hour 3. This new benchmark demonstrates increased scalability, helping insurance providers to minimize system costs as their business grows.
“We strive to continuously enhance our platform capabilities in order to provide our clients with a flexible, efficient solution that enables faster product introductions,” said Shay Alon, managing director, Life & Annuity Software, Accenture. “These features have been put into use by some of our clients in order to deliver products to market more quickly, at a reduced cost, keeping our clients competitive and their customers happy.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV