NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- On Thursday I woke up, turned on my computer, logged into my trading account and shorted NetSuite (N) for $92.62. I was feeling super confident in this trade because I was using the same indicator I used on my double-digit return.
A few hours later, I checked the trade and saw N had dropped to the $88 dollar range. Normally I would have bought to cover at this point but because of my newly found indicator I've been using, I continued to hold it and move my stop closer to current price, locking in profits.
Friday morning, I woke up and saw the stock continuing to flutter in the $88 range. I closed my computer and went out for a run, still feeling confident in holding my short position. At around 8:30 a.m. PDT, I came back from my run through the canyons. Instead of feeling fanatical and nervous about the trade, I had 100% confidence in the trade, remembering the one impeccable indicator that told me this stock was going to continue tumbling for a little while longer.
At around 9 a.m. PDT, I took a shower, read a script made a few phone calls and checked back at around 10 a.m. To my delight, the stock had dropped all the way down to the mid $84 range. Happy with the profits, I bought to cover at $84.48.
That trade brought me a total of $8.14 per share in profit.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV