Obama: Republican Budget Would Shrink Opportunity
WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama says the Republican budget proposal would shrink opportunity and make it tougher for hard-working Americans to get ahead.
In his weekly radio and Internet address, Obama says House Budget Chairman Paul Ryan's budget gives massive tax cuts to the rich while cutting programs like education and research that spur job growth. The president says Republicans would also take away insurance from 7 million who enrolled through his health care law and would gut financial protections.
Obama says his own plan grows the economy from the middle out instead of the top down.
In the Republican address, Sen. Tim Scott of South Carolina says federal job-training programs are too scattered, bureaucratic and inefficient. He says Democrats should support Republican legislation to streamline the programs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV