Platinum (PPLT) rose 2.70% for the week after holding the support levels I talked about last weekend. Great action here, although volume isn't special, and we have some resistance at $1,450. I'd expect a few days of consolidation at this level before we mount an attack on $1,490, where a longer consolidation period will be needed.
Of course, if gold totally blows its support and drops, then all precious metals will follow.
Palladium (PALL) gained 1.97% after a wild last couple of weeks. The recent breakout failed, and now we are seeing how this breakout works. So far, so good. I'd prefer to see better volume now, but the action is pretty solid. A breakout with volume above $800 would be what I'm looking for next. Be careful trying to trade this market; we should have the all-clear signal within two weeks. I'll be on it hard for members who will get buy points and all the stocks I'm interested in at the time. This choppy period is great for looking at stocks and building your list of the ones you want going into the next strong market cycle.
On that note, you can find out more about what I do for members at www.wizzentrading.com. Thank you for your time and reading. Have a great weekend and week ahead. This article represents the opinion of a contributor and not necessarily that of TheStreet or its editorial staff.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV