Zynga's most-promising and proven revenue stream is poker-related. Why isn't management hot to expand on what's working instead of trying to reinvent the wheel? In July 2013, management decided to withdraw its application from the Nevada Gaming Control Board and focus on free games.
(Photo courtesy of Zynga.)
The ace in the hole is that the free-game focus includes social casino offerings. Indeed, the company has since released an updated version of Zynga Poker, Hit it Rich! and the new casino-like slots game Riches of Olympus.
These games give me hope and drive my investment capital into the stock because they're perfect for list-building and product awareness. If I thought for a second the company wasn't actually focused on becoming more than a Yahoo! (YHOO) or King Digital (KING) competitor, I would sell in a heartbeat.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV