Zynga is best known for FarmVille and other -Ville games, but if you point your browser to its online poker destination, you'll find where the company is able to generate the profits shareholders want. If you don't think actual, real-money gambling is an essential component to the company's future, you're not paying attention.
Zynga is licensed in the UK for real-money gambling, and according to the company's latest annual filing, Zynga Poker is the largest free-to-play online poker game in the world. In 2013, Zynga Poker was the top performer by revenue, generating 21% of total online game revenue. That's up from 19% in 2012.The next best game was FarmVille 2 at 17%, which means Zynga Poker accounts for almost 25% more revenue than FarmVille 2. Zynga also generates revenue through advertising sales, but 2013 witnessed a decline of over $23 million compared to 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV