Shares of Yahoo! traded as low as $33.83 in intra-day trading as stocks sold off. More than 36 million shares of Yahoo! traded hands by 3:30 p.m., compared to an average daily trading volume of about 18.4 million shares.
Yahoo! stock fell 5.9% in the past week, and 10.9% over the past 3 months. In the past 6 months, however, the stock is up 2.5%.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 43.47% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 50.86% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, YHOO should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Internet Software & Services industry average. The net income increased by 27.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $272.27 million to $348.19 million.
- Although YHOO's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.08 is very low, it is currently higher than that of the industry average. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.30, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The gross profit margin for YAHOO INC is currently very high, coming in at 83.75%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 27.50% is above that of the industry average.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: YHOO Ratings Report