GROTON, Conn., April 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The U.S. Navy has awarded General Dynamics Electric Boat an $11 million contract to perform non-nuclear maintenance work for submarines homeported at the Naval Submarine Base in Groton. Electric Boat is a wholly owned subsidiary of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD).
With this modification, Electric Boat will continue operating the New England Maintenance Manpower Initiative (NEMMI) at the submarine base. Electric Boat will provide a wide range of overhaul, repair and modernization services in support of nuclear submarines, floating dry-docks, support and service craft and other platforms and equipment at the submarine base. Approximately 270 Electric Boat employees are engaged in the work.
This contract was first awarded in December 2012 and has a potential value of $222.3 million over five years.More information about General Dynamics is available at www.generaldynamics.com. SOURCE General Dynamics Electric Boat
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV